SparkPath is hiring! We are looking for a Sales and Customer Development Representative to join us immediately. If you know anyone who is mission driven and has experience in lead generation, we would be thrilled if you were to share this post with them.
Sales and Customer Development Representative (Full-time)
The SCDR will be a compelling, articulate advocate of the value that SparkPath provides to students and schools.
This role is ideal for a high-energy, self-motivated individual with exceptional communication and creative problem-solving skills. You will contribute immediately in three key areas: sales responsibilities (from the discovery call to the customer onboarding), customer service responsibilities and special projects delegated from the founder.
At SparkPath, we are changing the way young people prepare for the future. We challenge ourselves to push the boundaries of what is possible. We are building an EdTech startup and we need your help to turn our vision into reality. This is a high growth role where you will be asked to do things you haven't done before, in order for you to learn and grow.
The SparkPath SCDR is comfortable working in a fluid environment, is coachable, and has a strong desire to continually learn and improve. To be successful, the role requires self-reliance, resourcefulness and organization to persistently follow up with leads, qualify opportunities, and set up sales success for our growing bootstrapped business.
What SparkPath Offers
- What we offer is a unique opportunity to be part of a mission driven organization that is trying to change the world. You will see first hand what it takes to make a vision come alive.
- You will be allowed to make mistakes and grow from them. You will learn first hand from the founder’s mistakes. You will develop empowering skills that you will be able to carry with you throughout your career.
- Our goal is to give you a meaningful work experience. You will work directly with and for your leader. You will have autonomy and ownership over your work and role. You will be asked for your opinion and your voice will be heard.
- You will also get a chance to customize what type of leadership you want and need. You will be asked: “How can I be a better leader to you?” and you will be expected to give meaningful feedback.
- You will also be given actionable feedback on what you are doing well, and what you could do to improve. You will be expected to take this feedback and use it to grow.
Helping Youth Find Purpose and Impact | JP Michel | TEDxKanata
- Identify and generate qualified leads and opportunities.
- Achieve quarterly qualified lead generation and opportunity conversion goals.
- Use, maintain, and manage all prospect and lead data in HubSpot.
- Maintain up to date and extensive knowledge of all SparkPath’s product offerings through participation in product demonstrations, meetings, and marketing materials.
- Effectively communicate SparkPath’s value propositions to key decision makers.
- Participate in projects teams as needed to support sales and marketing initiatives.
- Handle support inquiries from users and customers.
- Onboard new customers to SparkPath and learn about their needs to provide informed recommendations on using the product.
- Work with teachers and administrators on SparkPath implementation.
- Manage customer accounts throughout the school year by holding regular check-ins via email, phone and web video demos. Keep customer satisfaction high to drive retention.
- Be the first line of support for the accounts you manage and support inquiries from users and customers.
- Communicate customer needs and pain points to the rest of the SparkPath team.
- Fast learner who is hungry for feedback.You want to be challenged to do things you have not done before, because you know they will help you grow. You love experimenting and finding better/faster ways to do things.
- A strong communicator and listener who can adapt to different situations.
- Demonstrate Initiative: You are capable of going beyond what is asked of you, because you focus on the problem we are trying to solve, not just the task at hand. You can manage time and resources autonomously.
- Critical thinker with great problem-solving skills. Ability to research, learn and integrate new tech tools, marketing and sales initiatives quickly and independently.
- Going the extra mile: You are resourceful, have high standards for performance and a ‘get stuff done’ attitude.
- In service to our cause. Willingness to devote themselves to the cause of helping youth and the educators who serve them. Empathetic and in service of others.
- Wants to be on the front end of a sales pipeline.
- Experience in sales, outreach or lead generation.
- A track record of delivering high quality projects, on time.
- Experience overcoming obstacles and demonstrating resourcefulness.
- Paid or unpaid work in a business, customer service, marketing, sales or other relevant experience.
- A college or university degree will enhance your candidacy for this role.
- English is required.
- French is optional, but an asset.
- Encouraged and supported to build on your strengths.
- Contribute to a mission to transform the way the world prepares youth for the future of work.
- Flexible work hours, including some virtual work.
- Collaborative work environment.
Apply here before September 4th 2020:
https://ca.indeed.com/job/sales-and-customer-development-representative-9cc863403dcb6152Photo by Damian Zaleski on Unsplash