You can't be what you can't see.
Most students struggle to imagine their place in the world of work. Their ability to imagine is limited by the career options that they currently know.
And since students have a very limited exposure to career possibilities, their list of options is limited.
In a complex, ever-changing world with countless opportunities, we need to help students look beyond what they already know.
Our first step should be to broaden student’s horizons. This leads to powerful 'aha' moments and fuel to explore further.
In 2022, thousands of career advisors created these ‘aha’ moments for their students by introducing them to the Challenge mindset. Thanks to these advisors, their students' lives are forever changed.
As SparkPath’s founder, it’s an honour to be part of the incredible work that these advisors do. Here’s what we’ve accomplished together so far:
- Over 50,000 students have experienced the Challenge mindset through the digital Challenge Cards.
- There are over +32,000 physical Challenge Cards in use around the world.
- More than 100 schools, colleges, universities, employment centres or non-profits are subscribed to the digital Challenge Cards.
Thank you to all the educators who helped make this happen in 2022!
As we continue partnering with you to help students prepare for a meaningful future, here are a few highlights from 2022:
- SparkPath won the 2022 Disruptor award from Ottawa’ Bootstrap awards
- JP Michel won the 2022 Outstanding Career Leader award from Career Professionals of Canada
- The Challenge mindset was featured as a book chapter in the following publication: Mapping the Future of Undergraduate Career Education
- JP Michel submitted his first draft of the Challenge mindset book to our publishers.
During the year, the Challenge mindset community came together for the following webinars:
- Myth or Fact: First, Know Thyself - July 28th 2022
- Do's and don'ts - Sept.20th 2022
- Mission vs major - Nov. 15th 2022
The following organizations participated in Challenge mindset training:
- Hollins University
- Midland University
- University of Colorado, Boulder
- Fresno State University
- University of Western Ontario
- Humber College
- Career and Education Advisors, Government of Northwest Territories
- Upper Grand District School Board
- Conseil scolaire de district catholique de l'Est ontarien
- Ontario Native Education Counselling Association
- Ontario College Career Educators
- And many more!
The following students shared their Challenge mindset stories with us:
What’s on the horizon for 2023
We’re committed to supporting you to reach your goals in 2023. On our end, we have ambitious plans to deepen our impact but we need your help. We are looking for recommendations to meet other career advisors like yourself: innovators who care deeply about your student's success. If you know anyone we should meet, please let us know!